Friday, February 5, 2016

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies



I try to make different types of cookies from week to week, and I realized that I hadn’t made a good chocolate cookie in a while. I went searching and came across these cookies. These won my search on two accounts. First, these contain Nutella and I love the chocolate/hazelnut combination. Second, they are chocolate chip cookies and my husband loves chocolate chip cookies. He complains that I never make them for him. I do, it’s just never a plain chocolate chip cookie.

I decided to double the recipe given here, as I wanted to make these a little bigger than some of the cookies I typically make. It made 4-1/2 dozen, but since my husband was a big fan of these, it was ok that it was a big batch. I refrigerated the dough for just over two hours, and that seemed to work just fine. These are not hard to make and they are just fantastic. Crispy on the edges, soft in the middle, with the great flavor of Nutella. These can’t be beat!


Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
½ cup butter, room temperature
1/3 cup Nutella
¼ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 ¾ cups flour
teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

In a large mixer bowl, combine the butter, Nutella, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix on medium until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the flour mixture. Just before all of the flour is incorporated, add the chocolate chips and again mix on low until the dough comes together.

Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

Shape the dough into 1-1/4” balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies are set. They may look slightly under baked, but they will continue to cook on the baking sheet. Cool for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: